§ 1 Information about the use of personal data
- In the following, we provide information about the use of your personal data while using this website. Personal data is all the data that is related to an identifiable person, e.g., name, address, email addresses, usage patterns.
- According to Article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO), the responsible party is the DEFA Foundation, Franz-Mehring-Platz 1, 10243 Berlin, Germany, email@example.com
Our Data Protection Officer can be reached by post at the provided address, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you contact us by email or through a contact form, we will store the data you provide (your email address, and where required, your name and telephone number) in order to answer your questions. We will delete the data gathered for that reason after its storage is no longer needed, or we limit its processing if there are requirements obligating us to preserve records.
- In the case that we rely on contracted service providers for individual functions of our offerings or would like to use your data for advertising reasons, we will inform you in detail below about the specific processes. We hereby cite the specified criteria for data storage.
§ 2 Your Rights
- You have the following rights with respect to the personal data you have given us:
- Right to information
- Right to correction or erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to object to processing
- Right to data portability
- You also have the right to file a complaint about our processing of your personal data with a supervisory authority for data protection.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
- In the case of purely informational use of our website, i.e., if you do not register or provide us with information, we will only collect your personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to use our website, we collect the following data that is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure its stability and security (Legal basis is Article 6(1)(1)(f) DS-GVO):
- IP Address
- Date and time of your inquiry
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- The volume of data transmitted
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
- In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies will be stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive by the browser you use and which receives certain information from the site where the cookie is placed (here by us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. Their purpose is to make the internet more user-friendly and more effective overall.
- This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which are explained below
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c)
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted once you close the browser. In particular, these are session cookies. They store a so-called Session-ID that allows various requests from your browser to be assigned to the common session. This allows the recognition of your computer when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted once you log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically erased after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookies. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
- You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes, and, e.g., accept or decline third-party cookies or all cookies. Please be aware that not all functions of our website may be usable.
- This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which are explained below
§ 4 More Features and Offers on our Website
- In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you may use, if interested. In order to do so, you will generally need to provide further personal information, which we use to provide a particular service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
- In part, we employ external service providers to process your data. We have carefully selected and commissioned them, and they are bound by our policies and are regularly monitored.
- We may furthermore disclose your personal data to third parties when we, together with our partners, make special offers, offer competitions, complete contractual transactions, or similar services. You will find more information when you disclose your personal data or refer to the description of the offer (below).
- Insofar as our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this fact in the offer description.
§ 5 Objection or Revocation of the Processing of your Data
- If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke it at any time. Such revocation affects the permissibility of the processing of your personal data after you have given it to us.
- Insofar as we base the processing of your data on competing interests, you may lodge an objection to its processing. In particular, this case arises when the processing is not required to fulfill a contract with you, which we present respectively in the following description of functions. In the event of any such disagreement, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. With your reasoned objection, we will examine the situation and will either discontinue or modify the processing of your data or point out our compelling legitimate reasons for which we continue processing it.
- Of course, you may object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can address an advertising objection to the following: : email@example.com.
§ 6 Newsletter
- You can give your consent to subscribe to our newsletter, which will inform you about selected topics such as new publications, DVDs, events, and news about DEFA film distribution. The advertised services are listed in the statement of consent.
- To subscribe to our newsletter, we use the so-called Double Opt-In process. That means that after your registration, we send you an email to the provided email address, in which we ask you to confirm that you want to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after 14 days. We also store your IP address and times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this process is to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify possible misuse of your personal data.
- The only requirement for sending the newsletter is your email address. The specification of additional, separately marked data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. After receiving your confirmation, we will save your email address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Article 6(1)(1)(a) DS-GMO.
- You can revoke your consent to newsletter transmissions at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare the revocation by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter email, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by sending a message to the contact information provided in the information page.
§ 7 Integration of Google Maps
- On this website we use the Google Maps feature. This allows us to show you interactive maps directly through the website, and it allows you to conveniently use the map feature.
- By visiting the website, Google acquires information that you accessed the corresponding subpage on our website. In addition, the data referred to in § 3 of this statement will be transferred. This is done regardless of whether or not Google provides a user account that you are logged into. If you are logged into Google, your data will be connected directly with your account. If you do not wish to have your Google profile identified, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for advertising purposes, market research, and/or tailoring website design. In particular, such evaluation of data is used (including for users who are not logged in) to tailor advertising and to inform other users on the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of such a user profile; to exercise that right, you must approach Google.
§ 8 YouTube
- We have included YouTube videos in our online offering, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly on our website. [These are all included in the “extended privacy mode,” i.e., your data does not transfer to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data listed in § 2 transfer. We have no influence over this data transmission.]
- By visiting the website, YouTube acquires information that you accessed the corresponding subpage on our website. In addition, the data referred to in § 3 of this statement will be transferred. This is done regardless of whether or not YouTube provides a user account that you are logged into. If you are logged into YouTube, your data will be connected directly with your account. If you do not wish to have your YouTube profile identified, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for advertising purposes, market research, and/or tailoring website design. In particular, such evaluation of data is used (including for users who are not logged in) to tailor advertising and to inform other users on the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of such a user profile; to exercise that right, you must approach YouTube.
§ 9 Use of Matomo
- This website uses Matomo, a web analytics service, to analyze user access to this website and to regularly improve it. With the statistics, we can improve our offerings and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for using Matomo is Article 6(1)(1)(f) DSGVO. To perform such an analysis, cookies will be stored on your computer. The responsible party stores the information collected exclusively on its server in [Germany]. You can stop such an analysis by deleting existing cookies and preventing the storage of cookies. If you prevent cookies from being stored, please note that you may not be able to fully use this website. You can prevent cookies from being stored by adjusting your browser settings. You can prevent the use of Matomo by removing the following tick mark to activate the opt-out plug-in:
- This website uses Matomo with the extension “AnonymizeIP,” with which IP addresses are processed in abbreviated form to prevent direct personal references. The IP address transmitted by Matomo from your browser with other data collected by us.
- Matomo is an open-source project. Third party privacy information is available at https://matomo.org/privacy-policy/
- You can decide here whether a unique web analytics cookie assigned in your browser to allow the website operator to collect and analyze various statistical data. If you wish to opt out, please uncheck the box below to place the Matomo opt-out cookie in your browser. Your visit to our website is recorded by Matomo Web Analytics. Click here to opt out.